General Terms and Conditions
We are honored that you have decided to use the services of our Hotel IMPOZANT****, a member of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Slovakia. Our goal is to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible and to make Hotel IMPOZANT**** a place where you will always be glad to return. So we would like to inform you of our obligations toward you.
Please read the following terms and conditions, which regulate and specify the contractual relationship between you and the hotel, and which we jointly accept with your order.
- The operator of the Hotel IMPOZANT**** is the company IMPOZANT, s.r.o., with its registered office at Záborského 2, 036 45 Martin, ID No.: 44 511 612, company registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court of Žilina, Sec: S.r.o. File No. 50509/L (hereinafter referred to as the “Operator”).
- The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “GTC“) is to establish a legal framework for the relationship between the hotel operator and its guests, in order to ensure that guests are informed about the terms and conditions of the provided services.
- The GTC regulate the legal relations between the hotel operator and the guest, i.e. any natural or legal person who has ordered services from the hotel operator.
- The GTC form an integral part of any contract, the subject of which is, on the one hand, the obligation of the hotel operator to provide the guest with the agreed hotel services and, on the other hand, the obligation of the guest to pay the agreed price for the provided services. These GTC apply to the following:
- contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for the purpose of accommodation,
- contracts for the rental of the hotel’s conference and banquet rooms for events and
- all other services and hotel deliveries performed for the guest.
- The contractual relationship between the guest and the hotel operator is governed by the provisions of the GTC, the accommodation regulations, the provisions of the special contract and the law of the Slovak Republic.
- The GTC become binding for the hotel on the date of their entry into force and effect, and for the guest at the time of booking the service.
Definition of Terms
- A guest is any natural or legal person who enters into a service contract or other contract with the hotel operator for the provision of accommodation, catering and/or wellness services, the rental of conference, banquet and other rooms for the purpose of various events, or the provision of other services of the hotel.
- The operator of the hotel is understood to be the company IMPOZANT, s.r.o., with its registered office at Záborského 2, 036 45 Martin, ID No.: 44 511 612, company registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court of Žilina, Sec: S.r.o. File No. 50509/L.
- The hotel means the accommodation facility called Hotel IMPOZANT****, located at the address Snowland Valčianska dolina, 038 35 Valča, also the place of providing the services according to the GTC.
- The contracting parties are the hotel operator and the guest.
- Services means any services provided by the hotel operator in accordance with the hotel operator’s business, in particular, but not exclusively, accommodation, catering, wellness and congress services, sports and other leisure activities.
- An order is a document by which the guest has ordered the provision of a certain type of goods or services by the hotel, within a specific time limit. With the hotel’s consent, the guest can also make an order in a form other than in writing (e.g. in person, by phone).
- The contract is an agreement between the guest and the hotel operator containing the basic elements, which are the specification of the ordered services (in terms of type and quantity), the date of providing the services and the price of the services, or the method of its determination. Contract means not only a document in written form under that name, but also any mutually confirmed proposals, e.g. email confirmation of an order by the hotel.
- Event means a social, cultural, educational or other event associated with the provision of several types of hotel services, attended by a large number of people (wedding receptions, birthday parties, banquets, seminars, conferences, etc.).
- Event organizer means any natural and/or legal person who organizes, technically or in any other way arranges an event on behalf of or for the benefit of the guest as the event ordering party, and who enters into a contractual relationship with the hotel for this purpose. Unless otherwise agreed, the guest is also the organizer of the event.
Closing of the Contract
- By placing an order, the guest expresses his/her irrevocable acceptance of these GTC and these GTC shall apply to each confirmed order of the guest.
- The hotel operator or the hotel reception will confirm the order to the guest within a reasonable period of time, but at the latest within 24 hours of receipt of the guest’s order. If the order is confirmed to the guest at a later date and the guest notifies the hotel without undue delay after the delayed confirmation that he/she does not insist on the order or considers it outdated, the order will be void.
- Confirmation of the order by the hotel containing any additions, reservations, restrictions or other changes to the order placed by the guest is a rejection of the order and is considered a new proposal for the closing of the contract.
- The contract is deemed to be concluded and the contractual relationship between the guest and the hotel is established:
- the moment of the guest receiving the order confirmation by the hotel,
- in the case of a contract closed in writing, if the expressions of both parties are on the same document, the moment of both contracting parties signing the contract,
- in the case of a new proposal for closing the contract (Clause 3 of this article of the GTC), the moment when the confirmation of the new proposal for closing the contract has been received by the hotel from the guest.
- By concluding the contract, the hotel undertakes to provide the guest with the services at the agreed scope and quality, while the hotel also has the right to demand payment of the agreed price from the guest.
- In the case of group orders or regularly recurring orders of a particular guest, the parties are entitled to close a framework contract in writing. If the framework agreement or any of its provisions are not in accordance with the provisions of the GTC, the deviating provisions of the framework agreement shall prevail over the provisions of the GTC. The validity of the other provisions of the GTC, which are not in conflict with the provisions of the framework contract, shall remain unaffected.
- The contract may also be closed through an intermediary, in which case the intermediary itself acts as the obliged person and the contracting party toward the hotel operator or the hotel, unless the hotel gives its written consent to a change of the obliged person and the contracting party to the closed contract.
- In the case of acceptance of a provisional reservation by the guest, the hotel will give the guest a deadline by which the guest is obliged to confirm the provisional reservation to the hotel. If the guest fails to do so by the deadline, the reservation will expire and the hotel is not obliged to renew it.
- The hotel is obliged to prepare and make available to the guest the reserved rooms from 2:00 pm on the agreed arrival day. The guest is entitled to the provision of the reserved room before the specified date only if the hotel has agreed to it when closing the contract. If such consent is not given and the guest requests an earlier check-in, the hotel is entitled to charge an early check-in fee of EUR 15.50 per room.
- The guest checks in at the hotel reception immediately upon arrival. The guest is obliged to present to the hotel staff an identification card, passport or other valid identity document in accordance with Act No. 253/1998 Coll. on reporting the residence of citizens of the Slovak Republic in the population register, as amended. Every guest who is not a citizen of the Slovak Republic is obliged under Act No. 404/2011 Coll. on the residence of foreigners, as amended, to fill in and hand in at the hotel reception an official form for reporting their stay. The guest is obliged to provide all the required information truthfully and completely, otherwise he/she shall bear the legal consequences resulting therefrom.
- The guest’s stay in the hotel is governed by the GTC and the accommodation regulations of Hotel IMPOZANT****, or other operating regulations of the hotel. The individual regulations under the preceding sentence are binding on the guests as hotel guests and are available to the guests in written form at the hotel reception and on the hotel’s website.
- The guest is obliged to find out any possible deficiencies, irregularities or reservations when checking in the hotel room and report them to the hotel reception as soon as they are found. He/she is also obliged to do the same if he/she discovers any damage to the room or its inventory. If the hotel discovers damage to the room or its inventory after the end of the guest’s stay without the guest having reported these facts in advance to the hotel reception, the guest is obliged to compensate the hotel in full for damage to the room or its inventory.
- The guest is obliged to vacate and leave the room on the agreed departure day no later than 10:00 a.m. on the agreed departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance. In case the guest surrenders the room after this deadline, the hotel is entitled to charge a separate fee of EUR 10.00/hour/room for each hour started after this deadline. In case the guest departs the room after 4:00 pm on the agreed departure day, the hotel is entitled to charge 100% of the room rate for the following night.
- The guest who checks in before 6:00 am is obliged to pay the amount of accommodation for the whole previous night. The hotel is entitled to charge a separate fee of EUR 10/hour/room for each hour commenced before 2:00 pm from the guest requesting accommodation between 6:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- The hotel is entitled to transfer the reserved rooms to another guest if the guest has not moved in by 6:00 pm on the agreed arrival date. The above does not apply if a later arrival of the guest has been expressly agreed by the contracting parties.
- If the guest requests an extension, the hotel may also offer him/her another room at a different price than the one he/she was originally staying in. In this case, the guest is not entitled to accommodation in the room in which he/she was originally accommodated, nor to accommodation in any other room of the hotel, unless this is not possible due to capacity or operational reasons of the hotel.
- A hotel safe is available for the guest to store valuable items or items of high financial, social or intellectual value. If the guest does not use the right to store these items in the hotel safe, the hotel is liable for any damage caused by their loss, misuse, damage, theft, etc. only to a limited extent in accordance with the relevant generally binding legislation and the GTC. The guest’s right to use the room safe is not affected, but its use cannot be considered as the hotel taking custody of the item.
- In the case of events associated with the provision of catering services, which are to be attended by a predetermined number of people (e.g. wedding receptions, training sessions, birthday parties, etc.), the guest is obliged to notify the hotel or confirm the exact number of attendees at least 7 days before the event, unless otherwise agreed in the case in question. Any subsequent reduction in the number of persons actually attending does not relieve the guest of the obligation to pay the hotel the agreed price corresponding to the number of persons reported by the guest to the hotel within the time limit according to the previous sentence.
- The hotel may take into account a reduction in the number of diners notified to the hotel up to 24 hours before the event.
- In the event that the guest expresses an interest in increasing the scope of the services ordered during the event, the hotel will make every effort that can be fairly required to accommodate the guest’s request, taking into account the hotel’s operational capabilities and capacities. However, the guest is not legally entitled to an increase in the scope of services provided.
- If the number of participants in the event varies by more than 5%, the hotel is entitled to unilaterally replace the confirmed rooms. The pre-agreed standard and technical equipment of the rooms must be maintained only if the capacity and technical possibilities of the hotel allow it.
- For events lasting longer than the regular operating hours, i.e. after 10:00 pm, the hotel is entitled to charge a service surcharge of EUR 100.00 per hour from 10:00 pm onwards. To determine the time, the time of closing and issuing the last bill for consumption in the electronic cash register of the establishment is decisive. The provision of the preceding sentence shall not apply if it has been expressly agreed by the contracting parties at the time of closing the contract that the agreed price takes into account the duration of the event even after 10:00 pm.
- Neither the event organizer, its guest, nor the persons participating in the event are entitled to supply the event with their own food and/or beverages, unless expressly agreed in writing by the contracting parties. In such cases, the hotel is entitled to charge the organizer or the guest of the event a fixed one-off surcharge of EUR 10:00 pm per bottle of wine, while the hotel is not responsible for the legal origin, health and hygiene of its own food and beverages in this case.
- Private and corporate events after hours:
- celebrations/weddings during opening hours until 10:00 pm – no limit
- celebrations after 10:00 pm without music – 100 EUR / hour, no limit (do not affect other guests, but after a binding order there is no possibility of changing to music after 10:00 pm)
- celebrations after 10:00 pm with music production – rate 100 EUR/hour after regular operating hours after 10:00 pm and minimum revenue of €8000. In the event that the guest does not use the volume, the difference between the bill and the minimum amount will be compensated with vouchers for hotel services in the amount of the difference, valid for 12 months.
- If the food, beverages and/or services ordered by the participants of the event exceed the agreed price list, the person ordering the event shall be responsible for payment of the price of the food, beverages and/or services.
- All obligations to copyright protection organizations shall be settled by the customer, at his/her own responsibility and expense. The hotel accepts no liability for any infringement of intellectual property rights.
- If the event is subject to compulsory reporting or notification to the competent authorities, the responsibility for compliance with the notification obligation rests with the event organizer, who bears all costs associated with this.
- If the event is likely to disturb public order and/or endanger the interests of the hotel and/or other guests in the hotel, the event organizer or the event organizer are obliged to notify the hotel without undue delay. The hotel is subsequently entitled to take adequate measures to prevent such a situation and the event organizer as well as the event organizer and the persons attending the event are obliged to accept and tolerate these measures.
- Any advertisements in print, radio, electronic and other media, advertisements and announcements to the general public that indicate any affiliation with the hotel (including, but not limited to, information about political, religious, commercial and other events), as well as any other use of the hotel’s name or logo, require the prior written consent of the hotel.
- If the hotel procures technical, electronic or other equipment from third parties at the request of the event organizer or its customer, it always acts on behalf and on behalf of the event organizer or its customer, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the contracting parties.
- The use of the event organizer’s, its guest’s and their contractors’ own technical, electronic or electrical equipment, which involves the use of the hotel’s electrical or other wiring, requires the hotel’s prior consent. The hotel reserves the right to charge separately for appliances and equipment that increase the cost of energy supply and/or hotel operation beyond the normal rate. If the use of the event organizer’s or its guest’s own equipment causes any malfunctions and/or damage to the technical and/or other equipment of the hotel, the event organizer and its guest are jointly and severally liable to compensate the hotel for the damage caused. The hotel reserves the right to inspect the facilities of the event organizer and the event organizer’s guest at his/her own expense through its employees or third parties and, if necessary, to take adequate measures to prevent damage. The organizer of the event, as well as the person booking the event and the persons participating in the event are obliged to accept and tolerate these measures.
- All decorative materials and objects brought to the event by the event organizer or its guest must comply with the legal requirements in the field of fire protection and the relevant generally binding legislation, and their use at the event is subject to the prior approval of the hotel. The hotel is entitled to seek the opinion of the relevant public authorities in this respect. If the issuance of an opinion by the public authorities is subject to an administrative or other fee, the hotel shall be entitled to reimbursement of the fee so paid.
- All decorative materials and objects brought to the event by the event organizer or its guest must be removed immediately after the event by the event organizer or its guest, unless otherwise agreed in advance. In the event that the event organizer or its guest violates its obligation under the previous sentence, the hotel is not liable for any damage to these materials and objects, while it is also entitled to charge rent in accordance with the current price list of services for the period of stay of the decorative materials and objects in the hotel premises, or to remove and store these items at the expense of the event organizer or its guest.
- The event organizer and the event customer are fully, jointly and severally liable for damages caused to the property of the hotel and/or third parties caused by them or occurring during the event.
Payments for Services and Payment Terms
- The agreed price to be paid by the guest and the agreed services of the hotel are shown on the booking confirmation. Unless the hotel’s services have been agreed in advance, prices are subject to the hotel’s current price list. The hotel is obliged to publish the price list in the usual way, in particular at the hotel reception or at its other establishments.
- The guest is obliged to pay the hotel the agreed price for the services used. The above also applies to those services provided by the hotel to third parties at the express request of the guest.
- If the price for the services provided exceeds EUR 665.00, the guest is obliged to pay the price for the services ordered in advance upon the hotel’s request. The hotel is entitled to require payment of the price for the services ordered in advance even if the amount for the services provided does not exceed EUR 665.00.
- The rates quoted in the hotel price list are final and include value added tax, but do not include local taxes. If the period between the closing of the contract and the provision of the service exceeds four months and in the meantime there is an increase in the price of the service ordered by the guest, the hotel is entitled to increase the contractually agreed price accordingly, to which the guest expresses his/her irrevocable consent.
- In the event that there is a change in the value added tax rate between the time of placing the order and the calculation of the price of the services ordered and the time of the provision of services by the hotel, the hotel is obliged to apply the relevant value added tax rate according to the generally binding legal regulation in force at the time of invoicing. A change in the rate of value added tax pursuant to the preceding sentence shall not be deemed to be an increase in the price of the service ordered by the guest pursuant to Clause 4 of this Article of the GTC.
- Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the basis for the billing of the services ordered and used by the guest is the cash receipt issued on the day of the guest’s departure from the hotel premises or the day on which the guest used the services ordered by the hotel. The services so billed shall be due and payable at the time of issue of the receipt.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, the invoice is due 14 days from the date of issue.
- In the event that the guest is in default of his/her monetary obligations to the hotel (i.e. payment of the price of the services provided), the hotel shall be entitled to a contractual penalty of 0.02% of the amount due for each day of delay, even for the first day of delay. The hotel’s right to compensation is not affected.
- If the guest is in default of his/her monetary obligations to the hotel (i.e. payment of the price of the services provided), the hotel shall also be entitled to pay interest on late payment at the rate provided for by the Civil Code and, if the guest is not a consumer, at the rate provided for by the Commercial Code.
- In the event that a guest who has been granted a discount on the services ordered is in default of his/her monetary obligations to the hotel (i.e. payment of the price of the services provided), such a guest shall lose the right to any discounts provided in connection with the services ordered and the hotel shall be entitled to demand payment from the guest of the full price of the services provided without discount. The hotel’s claims under Clause 8 of this article of the GTC are not affected.
Termination of the Contract
- The guest has the right to withdraw from the contract and cancel the booked services at any time. In this case, the hotel is entitled to compensation in the form of a cancellation fee, which the guest is obliged to pay to the hotel under the terms and conditions set out in the GTC. The cancellation fee is determined as a percentage of the price of the ordered services and its amount depends on the length of time from the date of canceling f the ordered services to the scheduled start of the provision of the ordered services.
- The contractual relationship established by the contract according to the GTC may be terminated by written agreement of both contracting parties, by the guest’s withdrawal from the contract, in which case the hotel is entitled to pay the cancellation fee according to the relevant provisions of the GTC, or by the hotel’s withdrawal from the contract.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, cancellation fees are as follows:
- free of charge in the case of cancellation or reduction of the order up to 60 days before the event
- in case of cancellation or reduction of the order within 59 to 30 days before the event: 50% of the price of accommodation, rental of congress halls and additional services
- in case of cancellation or reduction of the order within 29 to 7 days before the event: 75% of the price of accommodation, congress hall rental and additional services
- in case of cancellation or reduction of the order within 6 to 4 days before the event: 75% of the price of accommodation, rental of congress halls and additional services + 50% of the price of catering without drinks
- in case of cancellation or reduction of the order 3 days or less before the event: 100% of the price of accommodation, rental of congress halls and additional services + 100% of the price of catering without beverages
- The above cancellation fees also apply to the rental of training rooms, sports and relaxation.
- Rescheduling or cancellation of wellness services and therapies can be done without cancellation fee up to 4 hours prior to the booked service. In the event of non-notification within the time limit specified in the previous sentence, the hotel is entitled to invoice a cancellation fee of the full amount of the booked service.
- If the hotel has the right to pay the cancellation fee, the hotel shall send the guest a notice of the right to pay the cancellation fee, the amount of the cancellation fee and the date of its due date, no later than 30 days from the date of the right to pay the cancellation fee.
- In exceptional cases (illness, death, etc.) the hotel may waive the right to pay the cancellation fee upon written request of the guest supported by proof of a serious reason, which was the reason for the guest’s withdrawal from the contract and cancellation of the booked services.
- If the hotel has the right to pay the cancellation fee and the guest has paid the hotel a deposit, the hotel is entitled to make a unilateral set-off of the mutual claims of the parties (i.e. to set off the hotel’s claim for payment of the cancellation fee against the guest’s claim for the return of the deposit paid).
- The hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract if:
- this right has been agreed in writing with the guest in the contract,
- the guest fails to pay the advance payment for the services provided by the due date at the request of the hotel,
- force majeure or other circumstances not caused by the hotel make performance of the contract impossible,
- the hotel has reasonable grounds to believe that the use of the hotel’s services could jeopardize the smooth operation of the hotel, the hotel’s safety or the hotel’s public reputation, or if the guest has withheld other material facts from the hotel,
- rooms have been booked with misleading or incorrect information of material facts, e.g. in the person of the customer or the purpose of booking the premises.
Liability for Damages
- The guest is liable for damages caused to the equipment and other property of the hotel according to the relevant generally binding legislation of the Slovak Republic. The guest is also liable for damages caused by minors for whom he/she is responsible or by persons accompanying him during his stay. The guest is also liable for damages caused by persons who are not hotel guests, provided that the stay in the hotel premises was authorized by the guest.
- In the event that the guest or the persons referred to in Clause 1 of this article of the GTC cause any damage to the equipment or other property of the hotel, the guest is obliged to compensate the hotel for the damage in money. The guest is obliged to compensate the damage no later than on the day of the end of the stay in the hotel or after the use of all the services ordered, unless otherwise agreed by the contracting parties.
- The hotel is not liable for damages caused to the guest outside the hotel premises, nor for damages caused to the guest by third parties who are not hotel employees.
- No substances of a dangerous nature (explosives and ammunition, corrosives, poisons or toxic substances, infectious or radioactive materials, etc.) may be brought into the hotel.
- Pets are allowed in the hotel. If the animals are to be accommodated together with the guest, the guest is obliged to indicate this fact when placing the order, in which case the hotel is entitled to charge fees according to the current price list.
- The hotel is not responsible for items forgotten or lost on the premises. Found items are stored at the hotel for six months. After this time, items of apparent value will be handed over to local lost and found. At the guest’s request, found items can also be sent by post to the guest’s address. The guest is obliged to prove the ownership right to the said item or describe it in detail so that it cannot be confused.
- All photographs on the hotel website are protected by copyright law and any use is subject to the written permission of the author. Users of the site may not modify, copy, display, publish, reproduce or publicly distribute the published photographs by sale, rental, loan without the written permission of the author.
- All documents relating to the legal relations established between the Hotel and the guest shall be delivered by registered mail to the registered office of the hotel and to the address of the guest’s permanent residence or registered office, or to any other correspondence address notified by the respective contracting party to the other contracting party, either in person, by post or by a third party authorized to deliver parcels. If the contractual relationship between the hotel and the guest continues, the parties are obliged to notify each other of any change in their registered office, permanent residence, correspondence address, as well as any other material changes.
- Any document within the meaning of the GTC shall be deemed to have been duly delivered:
- the date of receipt or refusal of receipt in the case of personal delivery,
- the date of delivery or the date of return of the parcel in the case of documents sent by post as registered mail with return receipt or in the case of delivery by courier.
- Complaints of guests as well as possible suggestions for improvement of the hotel’s activities are received by the reception manager or the hotel management. Complaints are dealt with according to the Complaints Procedure published at the reception and on the hotel’s website.
- The GTC come into force and effect on 23 June 2023.
- Unless the contracting parties agree otherwise in writing, their contractual relations shall be governed by the provisions of the GTC valid and effective at the time of conclusion of the contract.
- The GTC and the legal relations arising from them are governed by the law of the Slovak Republic.
- In the event of disputes, the contracting parties agree to seek an amicable settlement of the dispute. If an amicable settlement of the dispute cannot be reached, the courts of the Slovak Republic shall be competent to hear disputes locally and subject matter jurisdiction under the law of the Slovak Republic.
- The contracting parties may also modify their mutual rights and obligations in the contract in a way that deviates from the GTC. In the event of a conflict between the contractual regulation and the provisions of the GTC, the contractual regulation shall prevail.
- Should any provision of the GTC become invalid or ineffective, this shall not affect the validity and effectiveness of all other provisions of the GTC.
In Martin on 23 June 2023
Ing. Jozef Kubinec